Gitxsan Environmental Services
Stewarding the land. Securing our future.
GES is an aboriginal owned and operated environmental service company that specializes in natural resource management and environmental stewardship. Our team of environmental and forestry professionals have decades of experience working throughout the Northwest and across BC. Our people have invaluable regional knowledge and established relationships with local stakeholders and regional Provincial and Federal Regulators. We are committed to sustainable growth of our business as we train and employ local Gitxsan people for long term careers with opportunities for professional growth. All our staff either have or are working towards a professional designation. We ensure our clients develop their projects to the regional, provincial and federal environmental standards and best management practices. Our goal is to provide superior project services through our deeply rooted cultural, social and economic values.
Our services include:
• Wildlife and Terrestrial Studies
• Fisheries and Aquatic Studies
• Environmental Assessments
• Cultural Heritage Resource Assessments
• UAV (Drone) Services
• Environmental Protection and Mitigation Planning
• Provincial and Federal Environmental Permitting
• Sediment and Erosion Control Planning and Implementation
• Pre-disturbance Avian Nest Surveys
• Environmental Inspection and Construction Monitoring
• Wildlife Monitoring
• Fish and Amphibian Salvages
• Habitat Offsetting and Restoration
• Environmental Compliance and Effects Monitoring
We are a SAFE certified company through the BC Forest Safety Council. We complete annual internal audits and external audits at the required intervals. Our philosophy is to ensure our program is continually improving by input from staff and auditors. Our organization will draw upon our affiliated companies such as Gitxsan Safety Services Inc., BC Safety Link and Aware 360 which provides us with monitoring for lone workers, workers in isolation, company assets and medics.