What is Starling Minds™?
A great new addition to our current training programs is partnering with Starling Minds™. We are pleased to be able to offer this program to you and hope that you will find it useful resource for you and your family members.
Starling Minds™ is an online program that improves mental health and well-being. The concepts you'll learn are based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), which is a form of evidence-based treatment that helps people understand how their thoughts, behaviours, and physiology affect their moods. CBT is gold-standard for treatment and views mental health management as a skill that can be learned, improved, and strengthened similar to physical fitness.
Starling Minds™ covers 420,000 lives across Canada to help people build resilience to stress, anxiety, and depression. The organization's mission is to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health and to reduce barriers to accessing evidence-based treatment.
How to get started:
- Register here: https://app.starlingminds.com/registration/gitxsan
- Once you've filled in the form, click "Get Started". You should see this on your screen:
- Go to your inbox, find the email from Starling Minds and click "Verify email address".
- Once you have verified your account, you may log in with the credentials that you set, here: https://app.starlingminds.com
- Enjoy Starling Minds! If you have any issues with registration, logging in, or have other questions surrounding the program, feel free to connect with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
“I use the strategies for stress reduction and keep practicing them. Starling has helped me to reflect on past situations that have caused a lot of stress. I don't beat myself up anymore when things don't go the way I want.” - Starling Minds member
“To be honest, I had a lot of anxiety around signing in for the first time. I was scared I would be exposed and that I might be ‘found out’ for having depression. When I realized that everyone is given an anonymous member ID I felt 100 times better.” - Starling Minds member
“To see people all saying the same things as me and experiencing things that I have made me realize that was not alone.” - Starling Minds member
“Starling is wonderful! I tried to join a therapy group this week and it just wasn’t for me. This has been just what I needed! I love how tangible and action-based everything is. I also love the informative videos and comments. A 5/5 rating for me.” - Starling Minds member
“I am working my way through an exceptionally difficult time in my life. Many of the stressors that I am experiencing have significantly decreased my battery's baseline. I feel that the strategies I have learned through Starling Minds have helped me deal with some of the stress, worry, sadness, anxiety and anger that I feel.” - Starling Minds member