Help you, help us, develop your economy.
The Gitxsan Development Corporation melds the traditional governance of the Gitxsan with the contemporary needs of business, while remaining faithful to the principles of Gitxsan Ayookw (law). GDC guides and supports its subsidiaries in new ventures and business initiatives throughout the Gitxsan traditional territory and beyond in cooperation with all Gitxsan members.
It pursues the goal of stimulating the local economy, creating jobs and representing the Gitxsan Nation’s many diverse business interests in the region.
Looking for a summer job?
Interested in building your skills and kick-starting your career?
GDC is hiring 4 summer interns for 9 weeks (37.5 hours/week)
Various roles available including leading youth in our Career Discoveries program, analyzing economic opportunities in the Gitxsan Territory of BC, generating reports and graphics, pursuing various resources, writing high quality presentations and developing relationships with contacts within the Gitxsan community.
Bring your talent and energy; let’s get to work and make this an unforgettable summer!
- Outstanding computer skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe CC
- Education, Training, experience and/or apprenticeship in progress in relevant areas
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Between 18 and 30 years of age at start of employment
- Registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
- Intending to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person on who, refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and refugee protection act
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
- Priority will be given to aboriginal students.
Submit your resume and cover letter here.
If you have any questions please contact: Nicole Campbell at (250)842-6780 ext 337.
The deadline to apply is: June 2, 2017
All Job Posting are available here!
Traffic Control Personnel
Traffic Control Persons play a highly valued role in ensuring the safety and well-being of motorists, pedestrians, fellow staff, contractors and visitors. TCPs regulate traffic in emergency situations and at job sites. Gitxsan Safety Services seeks applications for scheduled and un-scheduled contract workers for Hazelton, Smithers, Terrace, Kitimat, Houston, Burns Lake, Dease Lake, Atlin, and Prince George.
Contact Nicole Campbell for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the abilities or expertise to provide services in these areas please contact us.